Edible Mushrooms: A forager's guide to the wild fungi of Britain, Ireland and Europe (Hardcover)
An up-to-date, comprehensive and brilliantly illustrated book on fungi foraging in Britain and Europe. It covers every known edible species, and all the poisonous groups, as well as a few very common species and a handful of mushrooms included for their interesting or unusual characteristics.
- Identify edible and poisonous mushrooms.
- Distinguish between 'lookalike' species.
- Know when is the best time and place to hunt for each species.
- Identify edible species which should be left alone because they are threatened
- Photos show each species in its natural habitat, to aid identification.
Perfect for all ability levels - from absolute beginner to the experienced fungi forager who'd like to become an expert. Each edible species is ranked according to its difficulty/danger level, so beginners can start with the easiest ones, while experienced foragers can learn how to safely forage for the trickier species that other mushroom foraging guides leave out.
Geoff Dann is a foraging expert, often on radio and TV to give advice on fungi. He teaches chefs, bushcrafters, food enthusiasts and amateur sleuths to hunt sensibly and sustainably for wonderful mushrooms.