Indonesian Picture Dictionary: Learn 1,500 Indonesian Words and Expressions (Ideal for Ib Exam Prep; Includes Online Audio) (Hardcover)
Normally we can get this book to the store for you in a day or two. During the seasonal rush, this might not be possible.
A fun and helpful resource for anyone interested in learning some Indonesian--whether you're 5 or 100 This picture dictionary covers the 1,500 most useful Indonesian words and phrases. Each word and sentence is given in Indonesian script--with a Romanized version to help you pronounce it correctly--along with the English meaning. The words are grouped into 38 different themes or topics, including basics like meeting someone new and using public transportation to culture-specific topics like celebrating Indonesian holidays and eating Indonesian food. This colorful picture dictionary includes:
- Hundreds of color photographs
- 1,500 Indonesian words and phrases
- 38 different topics--from social media and WiFi to paying and counting
- Example sentences showing how the words are used
- Companion online audio recordings by native Indonesian speakers of all the vocabulary and sentences
- An introduction to Indonesian pronunciation and grammar
- An index to allow you to quickly look up words
Indonesian Picture Dictionary makes language learning more fun than traditional phrasebooks. This resource is perfect for beginners of all ages--curious kids, visual learners and future travelers to Indonesia.
About the Author
Linda Hibbs first visited Indonesia in the 1970s as a child, inspiring her passion for the language and culture. She has been an Indonesian language teacher at both high school and college levels in Australia for over two decades, and has an MA in Asian Studies. She is co-author of the Indonesian textbook series Kenalilah Indonesia and also the author of All About Indonesia, My First Book of Indonesian Words, Let's Learn Indonesian and Indonesian for Kids Flash Cards Kit.